Industry starved, relevant management / leadership training for today’s evolved Family Entertainment business. The only educational program that provides critical training for young, inexperienced Millennial managers entering into the family entertainment industry as well as seasoned veterans who need to evolve their leadership style.
Two Day Workshop – December 1 & 2, Indianapolis, IN
Lunch Courtesy of:
Cocktail Hour Courtesy of:
Topics Include: Click to view Agenda
• Financial Management – Forecasting and cash control
• Hiring, recruiting, training, and retaining
• The secret sauce of a successful marketing program
• Revenue strategies for game rooms and attractions
• Food & beverage management
• Up-selling at the welcome counter – P.O.S. and team training
• Risk and safety management
• How to self-evaluate for an improved guest experience
Reserve your seat today! Round Table Classroom – Academy size is limited
The Academy Staff
- Peter Starkel of Fun Advisors
- Frank Price of FL Price and Founder of Birthday University
- Jerry Merola of Amusement Entertainment Management
- Bernie Robinson of FunStruction
- Ryan Gillenwater of Keystone Amusement Insurance
- Rob Bowers of QC Family Entertainment
The workshop fee includes all materials and lunch for two days. Attendees are responsible for all of their travel costs and hotel arrangements.
Individual Sign Up – $199.00 per person
Center Sign Up – $399.00 per center (up to 4 people)
Who should attend?
This workshop is ideal for Family Entertainment / Bowling Industry General Managers, Assistant
Managers, Supervisors and recent graduates looking to become managers.
Current managers who need relevant amusement industry leadership
New managers hired from outside the industry
Young Millennial managers without management experience
Why should you attend?
It’s the only industry management training designed specifically for the family entertainment industry
Gain valuable guest experience and employee management
Eliminate the costly learning curve and turnover that produces dysfunction and lost sales
Gain a new understanding of relevant industry best management practices
Learn how to identify positive and negative leadership in an immersive industry environment
Networking with, and learning from, other like-minded industry managers